FNG from the Old Dominion

hookup

Howdy

Just found this board today and been doing some reading on my down time.

Great stuff and glad to see some handles I recognise from other boards.

Been tying jigs since Butch Neil's place was robbed and couldn't get any silicone hair jigs from him anymore; especially the Barry Loupe special.

Also, was a big fan of Phil Shaeffer's jigs, but when he semi-retired, I bought a bunch of his rabbit, spend an hour on the phone with him and learned to tie rabbit jigs w/ zonker & crosscut. Typically throw his black leach pattern, but had luck with his all purple jig & his perch jig up in the north east.

Own about 10 molds - DoIt & Hilts.

Do a little rod building & spinnerbait building too.

Now I either fish the jigs I tie mentioned above; or a round ball jig w/ a grub or jacks worm, an internal tube jig with a thin wire weed guard, or recently a flutter-style jig on swimbaits, flukes & tubes.

Here's some pix of what I make & fish with.

IMGP0570.jpg

IMG_0367-1.jpg

IMGP0157.jpg

IMGP0053.jpg

IMGP0050.jpg

toadfrog

Welcome from Oklahoma . Jump right in the water is deep and the stuff that floats on it gets kinda deep to now and again . We poke a little fun at each other , have a few laughs , join the family of the completely tackle crazy folks found on the net.

Radtexan

Welcome ..............Glad to see some of your make's......

Lots of different types and styles here...Jump right in !

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
Always glad to see new blood - smallmouth fisher even better. One day, the bassheads just might out-number the crappieaddicts on here. :p

hookup

Thanks for the warm welcome & nice to see posters from all over the USofA.

I'm a bass nut, but if I could find a good crappie hole, I'd be on it all day.

I catch the occational crappie in the local rivers, some redeye, and panfish.

After reading, I see there's other UL'rs on the board that like my favorite line, Tectan. I stocked up on it a while ago when it was suppose to be discontinued from the US, but glad to see it's still here.

I do find myself chasing other species. These were caught on a recent trip to SoCal to spend some time w/ Dad and a few ol' high school buddies.

IMGP0576.jpg
IMGP0574.jpg

And in some of the local VA/MD rivers, you find bonus fish while chasing smallies

UP72009Walleye2-1.jpg

ScottV

AtticaFish said:
Always glad to see new blood - smallmouth fisher even better. One day, the bassheads just might out-number the crappieaddicts on here. :p

No way! Hehehe

Those are some nice fish Hooup.

Back