fly for panfish

snake River

this simple streamer fly for crappie I'd tied many years ago when I was a kid it worked extremely well the color pattern was a good one we caught lots of fish with this pattern is a simple one to try.33001.jpg[/img]

Mepperson

I like the looks of that one. Do you have directions or a web site that shows how to tie it?

snake River

Mepperson said:
I like the looks of that one. Do you have directions or a web site that shows how to tie it?

no do not have a website we were having problems so I took my website down. Will try to explain how to try that fly takes some red hackle fibers cut them off and tie them on the tail end of hook now take a piece of Chanel attach it to the rear in the hook wrapping the Chanel around the hook come forward do not go all the way to the eye of the hook leave about 1/8 inch to the eye of hook now take more red hackle small piece under take a small piece of marabou and tie it off you are complete now I hope this information will help you out I usually don't make a diagram on all the stuff that I posed but if you need one I would gladly draw one out and send it to you.

Jubs

Looks like it would be a killer. I tied up some Marabou Miss' awhile back that is similar and is suppose to be a killer for crappie.

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
I like it!! Never have tried using marabou for a wing like that, always end up using something else - will have to give it a try.

Mepperson

snake River said:
Mepperson said:

no do not have a website we were having problems so I took my website down. Will try to explain how to try that fly takes some red hackle fibers cut them off and tie them on the tail end of hook now take a piece of Chanel attach it to the rear in the hook wrapping the Chanel around the hook come forward do not go all the way to the eye of the hook leave about 1/8 inch to the eye of hook now take more red hackle small piece under take a small piece of marabou and tie it off you are complete now I hope this information will help you out I usually don't make a diagram on all the stuff that I posed but if you need one I would gladly draw one out and send it to you.

No to to send anything, your directions were very clear. Thanks.

Back