Fluid bed, or fluff and stuff

Fluid bed, or fluff and stuff

• Total voters

CrappieHappy

I was curious what process you use. Fluid bed, or fluff and stuff? it seems that you would have to have alot of fluid beds setup, or constantly cleaning to change colors etc. I know if custom painting , several use the brush method.

hunter7711

I have about 8 cups with my my main colors. Not real problem for cleaning between colors. Shop Vac does a quick job of cleaning cups. Use the brush to sprinkle detail.

Radtexan

Most hobby tyers seem to use the F & S...If your into production I can see where the Fluid bed would be helpful.

JSC

All methords have there place ... Try all of them to find out the way you want to work the job at hand.
JSC

toadfrog

I use both but have developed a method I can't disclose yet . Hope to get a patent . In its crude state its great for single colors.

Jig Man

Put the lid on your container and shake it to loosen the powder or stir it , "fluff"... After your jig is heated dip it into the container of paint and swish it around, "stuff"...

Pup

F&S. Though, technically, I just stir the powder paint and then make a fast, c-shaped swish through it with a heated jighead.

hhawkins

Well, I'm not sure. I don't use fluid beds or don't have one. I heat my head ans dip them in the paint. So would that be fluff and stuff?

CrappieHappy

Thanks i use the fluff and stuff ( heat and swish method) as well. just wanted to see what people used. Thanks again for the comments...

Back