Fishing Buddy Photo

Pup

Post a picture of your fishing buddy to this thread if you'd like. Here's a photo of mine who spent a solid hour next to me last Friday. BTW, He caught many more fish than I did.

Heron_zpsc074c16c.jpg

Location: Tennessee River below the Chickamauga Lake Dam near Hixson, TN.

Hawnjigs

KISS
You must exude peacefulness - think I get too excited fishing and those big blues move on when I get close. How was the fishing so far from home?

Pup

Thanks for your comments Guys. :)

The herons there are so used to people that they allow you to get fairly close to them. I stood about eight feet away from the one pictured. He seemed so tame...though, I don't think I'd ever attempt to get any closer. Cool birds they are. It's fun to watch them fish. To a stream fisherman, they can often indicate the presence of baitfish in an area which is a very good thing. ;)

Hawnjigs said:
You must exude peacefulness - think I get too excited fishing and those big blues move on when I get close. How was the fishing so far from home?

I try to be stealthy, as best as I can. Fishing was terrible for me. I caught only one fish in about 10 total hours of fishing. No other shore fisherman appeared to do very well either. Though, I witnessed one angler catching a small sunfish or crappie at a distance. There were guys wading and drifting baitfish for striped bass who had several hookups and even landed one. However, I wasn't prepared to fish that way (no suitable tackle). Maybe next time. ;)

My fish was a freshwater drum (drum, sheepshead, gaspergou, white perch) of about 10-12 lbs. Caught him on a Yum Mystic Minnow (hooked in mouth :icon14: ) drifted through a channel between the shore and a bridge abutment. Wish I'd gotten a picture of him, but at least I have the memory of catching my largest drum ever. ;)

Made a great test of my neoprene waders and wading boots which I hadn't worn for a long time. A purchase of a few pairs of wool socks and I'm set to go for winter fishing in Central Indiana.

StumpHunter

Good picture :)
Here is one of mine. He seats on the edge of an old wooden bridge and he also gets a lot of fish.

Attachments

• Lake Greenwood 12=14-11 004.jpg
    Lake Greenwood 12=14-11 004.jpg
    126.8 KB · Views: 25
Back