Fishing 4/16/10

Jubs

I finally got out today after the better part of a month not being able to get out. It was really warm today and I read on the planting reports that one of the local lakes just got planted with some trout so I was sitting here trying to do school work but I just couldn't get it off my mind, with the combo of weather and good amount of fish in the lake I couldn't focus! so I headed out and got to fishing about 4pm. I ended up with 10 fish all together 6 of which were caught on flies that I tied. These are the first fish I have caught on my own ties and on my new fly rod. I broke two barriers today, first fish on the new rod and first fish my flies!

First fish of the day. Healthy (for this area of runts) Pumpkin Seed about 5"-5 1/2" on a White Rubber Legged Dragon.

4527026031_45470e1a65.jpg

Second fish about a 4 1/2"- 5" Pumpkin Seed caught on the same White RLD.

4527656464_be12ccbbe1.jpg

Third fish about 7"- 7 3/4" Yellow Perch and just slammed my molted soft hackle fly I tied up the other day ( I don't have a name for the fly).

4527028581_e5aa7251d6.jpg

Fourth fish a dink Pumpkin Seed about 4" or so on the molted soft hackle fly.

4527029897_881ba6b899.jpg

Fifth fish another Yellow Perch that was about the same size as the first one.

4527660336_5be4227688_b.jpg

Another of the same fish but a close up of the fly in it's mouth

4527661648_2a12c41cb9.jpg

Sixth fish another dink about 4" but really colorful Pumpkin Seed caught on a Gold Ribbed Hare's Ear

4527663022_e55aaa83eb.jpg

Close up of the Dink

4527664398_4510509b40.jpg

And final picture of the trout I caught on spinning gear using Power Eggs. Here are the sizes in no particular order of the picture.
10 1/4" 7oz, 11 1/2" 8oz, 16" 1 lb 8oz, and 10" 6oz I didn't limit on the trout (5 is the limit) but caught all these in a short amount of time when the wind kicked up and made the fly fishing a pain that and I didn't bring the right color of fishing glasses and the clouds rolled in making it a pain to see the fly in the water.

4527036719_1f93a8461e.jpg

Not the best results but a good day none the less and it was great to get out and break the barrier with the fly rod!

Jiggin Joe

wow I really like those pictures the colors on those gills is great.

When you gonna teach me to fly fish :) and while your at take pictures that good to.

Looks like you had a good time! thanks for the pics

JJ

Jubs

I still don't know what I am doing fly fishing lol I am learning but you're more than welcome to learn with me!

Thanks guys the pictures were taken with a Fujifilm z33wp that my girlfriend bought for my birthday or Valentine's Day one of the two they are only a day apart so I can't remember which it was for. I was complaining about not having a camera to take with me fishing since I am not willing to risk my Nikon Digital SLR that I paid too much for lol.So my fishing pictures are taken with this one and the jigs and fly pictures are taken with the Nikon. The Fujifilm is waterproof to 10 ft so I don't really have to worry about it too much. The funny thing is on camera the pictures look horrible since the screen isn't the best but once you download them they turn out pretty well.

I had a great day and I am planning on getting out on Sunday as well so hopefully things will go as well or better. I will be sure to post some pictures as well. I have a few different fly patterns in my head I want to tie up before then as I noticed what the fish were keying in on with the action of the flies and I want to try some things and see what I can come up with.

CK3

That's a nice mess of fish Jubs!! Those will look even better
swimming around in the hot grease!!! I love Perch to eat.
I used to do a lot of fly rodding years ago and don't remember why
I gave it up? Now that I live in Wisconsin I have access to many
trout streams within 30 minutes of my house. Every year I plan to build myself a 7ft, 3 wt. fly rod to use around here, but never seem to get around to it. It's lots of fun with bugs, poppers and nymphs.

Ron Don

Future Sponsor
Nice catch Jubs! Like seeing the good pics of those "foreign" fish. We dont have those pretty fish around here.

Back