First time out

blt

Made up some jigs from 1/16 oz. to 1/4 oz. Hit a lake that has been producing Gills, Crappies, LMB and catfish. Used to be a 90ft deep mine they flooded over.
As we get to a spot to wet lines, there are bait fish all around, and 2 Bass slowly moving right in front of us. GAME ON!

NOT!!!!! Did not get a nibble in over 2 hours. I set up for crappies, Tried jigging, floats at all different heights, colors....nada lol. Set up for those Bass, same story. (all from shore)

I should have stopped and got a tub of Gulp alive 1" minnows, that is what my friend was hitting them on other days, but I wanted some on the jigs I tied!! At least I found a place to go close to home, I'm going to give it a try in the early A.M. We were out around lunch time. Lunch time for us, but not for the fish I guess. Saw Bass swim past several times laughing at us.

:skunked:

ScottV

If you're not using them, try some Berkley Crappie Nibbles on your jigs. They slowly dissolve in the water and create scent and taste when a fish bites. I don't leave home without them.

JUNGLEJIM1

I'd try even smaller jigs when the fish are finicky,some 1/64 and 1/32 with those nibbles Scott mentioned is what I use with a tough bite. I like the early morning bite, my favorite time to fish.

Jig Man

Some days are just that way... And others they will hit anything you through out...Better luck next time!

Hawnjigs

KISS
Sounds like the predators might be inactive due to an abundance of natural forage. Tuff situation indeed! I agree with JJ1 on downsizing. Did you try any bladed jigs?

blt

My Bro inlaw had some of those heads with the blades on them. K-mart sells them now. I am thinking I will have to try early or late in the day for them.

Back