first thread necks

Helianthus

My son was generous enough to play peacefully and let me tie a few tonight. First time I used thread for the body. Learning experience but satisfied with the result. Anybody ever use a clear/glitter fingernail polish as overcoat?

Attachments

• DSC00340.JPG
    DSC00340.JPG
    404.7 KB · Views: 91
  • DSC00341.JPG
    DSC00341.JPG
    427.2 KB · Views: 90

StumpHunter

Nice threads necks :) They make many different colors in the nail polish glitter, I look every time I go in a Dollar Store or Freds. They sell $1 bottles

Pup

Know what I like best about those? It's the way you've mixed and then applied your marabou. :cool:

Well done. :icon14: :icon14:

toadfrog

To bad ya don't live around here thread necks sell really good . Those will sell .

LedHed

Sponsor
Excellent tyes - very nice work. I do something similar but call them hard bodies. I use a 3/0 flat wax thread to build up the body. Stopping every once in a while and spin the bobbin counter clockwise (if your right handed) to keep the thread from twisting. The flat thread gives a smoother body. I use a thin clear coat to soak the thread, then a clear coat with glitter in it, followed up with another clear coat.

Helianthus

LedHed said:
Excellent tyes - very nice work. I do something similar but call them hard bodies. I use a 3/0 flat wax thread to build up the body. Stopping every once in a while and spin the bobbin counter clockwise (if your right handed) to keep the thread from twisting. The flat thread gives a smoother body. I use a thin clear coat to soak the thread, then a clear coat with glitter in it, followed up with another clear coat.
Exactly what I was thinking. The black's are flat thread.

Thanks everyone.
Also, marabou wasn't mixed. Boas from hobby lobby... all you have to do is cut it off!

Back