first pour

goodtimesfishing

Thanks!
Do they make that VMC 7161 in a 90 degree jig hook(heavy wire like that) Those VMC's look like some stout hooks!! They look very much like the 32833's but with a 60 instead of a 90.
That leads me to a question that atleast in my mind seems like a good question. Is there a book or reference on the web that has all the stats on different hooks?? Diameter of wire for different size hooks, along with good pictures to see the shape of the hook. Just seems like there has got to be a place on the internet with all that kind of info. I like how barlows gives the diameter of the wire, but it is only for 1 specific size hook, does give you a comparison though.

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
The regulars of the site (several of them come to mind) have some extensive collections of hooks and may be the best resource you can find....... if they don't have them or able to give a review from experience for just about any hook, i would be very surprised. TackleUnderground would be another great resource.

Hawnjigs - Never knew there was any other small size hooks with 60deg. bends. Looks like some sharp points on them!

Hawnjigs

KISS
I'm not aware of any VMC steelhead grade 90* jig hooks - none at Shorty's. I personally haven't had much use for the small heavy VMCs since the shank is a bit short for Boolies, but am about to try a 1/8 ball with #6 hook for a specialized local app. Pic attached of #4 & #6 in a 1/8 ball head. Modified only one cavity of a standard Do-it since the enlarged hook eye slot thereafter becomes useless for standard 90* hooks.

The Barlows paper catalog used to list wire diameter for most of their jig hooks, I think, but I seem to have lost my 2012. Hope they send a new one for this year.

View attachment 8

Attachments

• vmc1.8.JPG
    vmc1.8.JPG
    42.6 KB · Views: 13
Back