First Attempt At Bluegill Bugs

Jiggin Joe

I cant think of anything to critisize except they arnt in a envelope addressed to me :) but yeah they look like they will do the job nicely

ScottV

Thanks guys, I bought another fly rod at a carport sale yesterday for $15 with a bunch of Ol' store-bought flies. Ha! I'm gonna try the "good" flies out.

StumpHunter

I pulled out my fly rod a couple weeks ago after close to 10 years of it being put away. Man it did feel good to be using it again. Good luck with your bugs.

crappiecripplerjigs

I missed this one somehow. Nice looking Gill Getters dude! Are the poppers hard foam or cork? Good looking colors.

ScottV

crappiecripplerjigs said:
I missed this one somehow. Nice looking Gill Getters dude! Are the poppers hard foam or cork? Good looking colors.

They are hard foam poppers I got at BPS. They're the first flies I've done. It's a little different tying something so small. You realize how fat your fingers are. LOL

ScottV

ragged edge said:
What size hook are those?

To be honest, I don't know. I bought a kit at BPS that had the popper bodies and hooks in it. They're sharp little suckers, I've got the holes in my fingers to prove it! The hooks in the foam bugs are #6 dry fly hooks.

Back