First 3-4 oz Jigs and a SNAPPER

fishindad

Been a while since I posted.  Thought I would post up a recent jig success.   I decided to tie up some flarehawks and then some standard jigs for snapper.  Material is sea witch hair and its a do it ultra jig mold.  I also found a reference on the internet to a guy using a clear coat auto paint and just dipping his jigs in it for durability.  WOW  what a difference.

It was a long trip out for our short red snapper season here in Fl.  I had my rod rigged and ready with the 4oz jig.  Never used a jig like this in 160+ foot of water before.  i kid you not.   We stopped the boa.  I dropped the jig in the water and counted to about 60...   BAM first legal snapper of the day on a jig I tied the night before!   It was a pretty cool feeling.

Fishindad

fishindad

fishindad said:
Been a while since I posted.  Thought I would post up a recent jig success.   I decided to tie up some flarehawks and then some standard jigs for snapper.  Material is sea witch hair and its a do it ultra jig mold.  I also found a reference on the internet to a guy using a clear coat auto paint and just dipping his jigs in it for durability.  WOW  what a difference.

It was a long trip out for our short red snapper season here in Fl.  I had my rod rigged and ready with the 4oz jig.  Never used a jig like this in 160+ foot of water before.  i kid you not.   We stopped the boa.  I dropped the jig in the water and counted to about 60...   BAM first legal snapper of the day on a jig I tied the night before!   It was a pretty cool feeling.

Fishindad
f9455cbffbb3721329798025cc0dd9ba.jpgee1f7437be9210a81aad6ca75b1fef24.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
Awesome! :cool: That is a long drop down to the bottom. Great to see the variety and think think this goes along with another current thread talking about the effectiveness of red/white jigs.

Back