fingernail foil

LedHed

Sponsor
Tried some foiling on some small spoons, football jig, and blades. the blade above the jig is an ice jig with two holes punched in it (like Russ is doing),

View attachment 1

Potential for this stuff is awesome. Lay a glue foundation (let dry) - cover with the film - rub - then peel off. Still need to clear coat. This stuff only sticks to where you place the glue...

Attachments

• IMG_1951 (800x712).jpg
    IMG_1951 (800x712).jpg
    344.7 KB · Views: 121

JUNGLEJIM1

Those spoons look fantastic. Need to try some of those at Havasu or in the trench at Perris. Might actually catch some crappie with those if you aren't careful.

BucktailJiger

Like it !!!
Have looked at that stuff to but haven't pulled the trigger yet .
Wonder if it would work on Flat Head Jigs ?

LedHed

Sponsor
Thnx guys
CH - used a couple of different vendors, ones based in Hong Kong ship way faster. Try;
http://www.ebay.com/usr/laforeta (get 12 rolls of foil, a bottle of glue + shipping for ~$8)

Yea Jim these are cheap trench diggers for sure.

BJ - tried a small Football and it worked - flatheads should be OK.

I need to work on technique - back to you tube today....

LedHed

Sponsor
Check out

(banggood.com = hmmmmm)

Think the problem might be clear coating them or how long will it last. One vid says don't clearcoat because it dulls the effect.

cranker64

LedHed said:
Check out

(banggood.com = hmmmmm)

Think the problem might be clear coating them or how long will it last. One vid says don't clearcoat because it dulls the effect.

I have used KBS Diamond Top Coat with success. Tried all the epoxies ,none worked. Some guys complain that the KBS bubbles, but I never had that problem.

LedHed

Sponsor
Hola and welcome from SoCal cranker64

Were you having failures after sealing with the epoxies? Did you try Devcon 2T? How long did the KBS Diamond Top Coat last?
Thnx for the input.

cranker64

LedHed said:

Were you having failures after sealing with the epoxies? Did you try Devcon 2T? How long did the KBS Diamond Top Coat last?
Thnx for the input.

Yes I tried Envirotex lite and Devcon and they both shriveled and dulled the fingernail foil. I tried Dick Nite MCU and it worked ,but the storage issues I couldn't deal with. I take blank spoons and spray 3M Super 77 adhesive on them and heat them with a heat gun ,which makes the glue very tacky. Then I take the nail foil and put a piece on each side of spoon and then peel away.I let it dry for a day and then dip it in KBS and let it hang. Re-dip about 2 hours later and done. Never had a problem with bubbles and the KBS lasts a lot longer than DN. I tried to post a pic but it said it was too large. If I can figure out how to shrink I will post it .

cranker64

cranker64 said:
LedHed said:

Thnx for the input.

Yes I tried Envirotex lite and Devcon and they both shriveled and dulled the fingernail foil. I tried Dick Nite MCU and it worked ,but the storage issues I couldn't deal with. I take blank spoons and spray 3M Super 77 adhesive on them and heat them with a heat gun ,which makes the glue very tacky. Then I take the nail foil and put a piece on each side of spoon and then peel away.I let it dry for a day and then dip it in KBS and let it hang. Re-dip about 2 hours later and done. Never had a problem with bubbles and the KBS lasts a lot longer than DN. I tried to post a pic but it said it was too large. If I can figure out how to shrink I will post it .
Try to post pic

Attachments

• spoon3.jpg
    spoon3.jpg
    435.1 KB · Views: 24
Back