EYE PAINT FOR JIGS

jig-guy

Want to paint black eyes on my jigs. The eyes will be painted on cured powder paint. I have used some paints but they melt the powder paint and mess things up. What works? I am painting glow white powder coated big banana jigs eyes for salt water and do not need to use stick on eyes. I look forward to you replies.:jig:
Thanks Bill

hookup

Black nail polish.

Looks weird when you buy it, but just say you're into Goth.

Len

I use Acrylic Paint from the craft store and coat the head with Devcon 2 Ton Clear Epoxy....
eyes.jpg
eyes001.jpg

Baxter1

How long do you normally let the paint dry before adding a clear coat?I've used nail polish,testor's model paint and a water based paint from Do-It and covered them with sally hansen's clear polish.Alot of times I end up with a mess.

Len

Baxter1 said:
How long do you normally let the paint dry before adding a clear coat?I've used nail polish,testor's model paint and a water based paint from Do-It and covered them with sally hansen's clear polish.Alot of times I end up with a mess.
I personally let them dry overnight before using the Epoxy.

smalljaw

Try the quick coat lure markers, they aren't ink like a sharpie, they are actual paint and they dry quickly. Each one comes with 6 felt tips of different shapes, for example you can put the large round tip in a white marker and put the small round tip in the black marker and you can have an eye with a black pupil. The best part is you can paint your jigs with powder paint and then put the eyes on with the markers and then cure in the oven, the paint in the markers will actually cure with the powder for a seamless look, very good product.

jig-guy

Thank you all for responding. I will purchase some Quick Coat Markers in black and put the eyes on before I do the finish bake of my powder coated jigs. I will let everyone know how everything comes out.
Bill / jig-guy

yakfish

I also use Testors acrylic enamel. Always turn out great, but it does take a long time to dry.

Crappie Dale

Perfect, Bravo this is the perfect way and a steady hand does the job!

Great Job on illustration.

Back