eye obsession

Helianthus

Got around to making me an alcohol lamp. Shoelace and old little jelly jar. I like the stealth effect. My kiddo doesn't even know I'm painting when he's watching his cartoons. Using the heat gun was like setting him up for trouble. Been playing with eye painting too. Far from perfect and not crazy about the paint job but sure am excited about learning the eyes.

Attachments

• IMGP1836.JPG
    IMGP1836.JPG
    437.6 KB · Views: 122
  • IMGP1833.JPG
    IMGP1833.JPG
    303.4 KB · Views: 122

hookup

Wonderful job but be careful

Clear white liquid in a ball jar can be mistakenly drank

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
Glad to see the powder eyes are working - they are very seldom 'perfect' but sure won't fall off! Could maybe try a smaller pupil (or larger outside) so the main color shows a little more. That's splitting hairs though - they do look good.

Lost Pole

Wow!
You said you "thought" you had it figured out but… man… looks like you got it close to perfected.
(told ya Russ)
Paint really pops Awesome jigs.

Helianthus

thanks everyone, and hookup, I'm trying to keep it empty, with alcohol stored away in the bottle.
AtticaFish said:
Glad to see the powder eyes are working - they are very seldom 'perfect' but sure won't fall off! Could maybe try a smaller pupil (or larger outside) so the main color shows a little more. That's splitting hairs though - they do look good.
Still far from your level. That's with the 1 and 2, the 3 is a bit to large for that head, or so I think. I will have to go play around and make one a bit larger than the 2. As for now, it'll work and I'm happy about that.

LP-its all in the tap technique but always have more to learn. If only I could get color combos like your's down.

Fireshadow

I did these eyes on a 1/48 oz mean minnow head using a coffee stir stick cut to a angle. Place the powder in the eye cavity then warmed it up till it got shiny. Still need to work on it but that tech seemed to work ok. -1B0D-4141-B07B-DF5181146235-6627-00000872E40B2130.jpg

Back