Erie jig mold JES-6-A

slammingjack

What I like about this mold, is i could use a 2/0 Ec635 on a 1/2 oz jig.Only thing is it has a ball collar. Want to tie on it but would also use soft plastic on it. Is a ball collar good for that (never used a ball collar before) BTW if you have this mold is it easy to pour. How good is it as a jig? Going to try to work it on the bottom in the ICW. Thank you for your time.

hookup

I use a ball collar w/ barb for soft plastics & tie on it on occation.

If you dont want the ball, either add some puddy to the mold or JB Weld. Putty's not as permanant.

goodtimesfishing

The red silicone(high heat) by permatex that is for gaskets(auto parts)works for filling in unwanted spots of mold. I have used it to make "no collar jigs" from molds with collar.

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
I only have a hand full of the Erie jigs so can't really speak for the versatility of the head style/shape..... but if you plan on tying thread necks on the lead collar, the ball barb at the end is about one of the best styles to work with. It helps get a good solid layer of thread down with no worries of it slipping back past the lead collar. Some also like it because it will make bucktail or other similar tailing materials flare out. If you plan on tying with chenille, dubbin or other body materials, you will most likely want to remove the collar completely. JMO.

Back