epoxy clear

jigaglow

im looking for a epoxy clear to use as a clear coat over my powder coat . Im wanting to get away from using powder coat for my clear coat.the heat dis colors and maked the eyes change shape. whats every one using ? ive seen the seal coat from cs coating and some over the shelf epoxy ,, any help would be great thanks

plateboater

I use two fluid beds.....one for color 2nd for Rosey 200%. When I tie up I use Krazy glue for eyes then Sally's hard as nails over the entire jig head. Been working! Not sure if that helps but it works for me

jigaglow

plateboater said:
I use two fluid beds.....one for color 2nd for Rosey 200%. When I tie up I use Krazy glue for eyes then Sally's hard as nails over the entire jig head. Been working! Not sure if that helps but it works for me

Pup

I try to use Devcon 2 Ton® Epoxy as much as possible. For me, it incorporates the best combination of working time, protection, and clearness. It's rated at 30 minutes of working time before it sets (firms up). However, I find that its working time is anywhere from 8-12 minutes depending on my ambient room temperature. It's a 2-part epoxy, so you'll have to mix a resin and a hardener in equal amounts. Fully cures in 16 hours according to the technical data sheet.

I purchase mine from a local Ace Hardware store.

Radtexan

I use my clear a little different than some. It's used in all my mixes. I've never had it change during curing, but I don't add eyes till after. Still using the Sally's or the like to stick and cover eyes. I'll try some devcon one of these days.

Kdog

I've used D2T, Etex, and a few other epoxys all with satisfactory results. One think IMO is you need a jig turner to properly distribute and level epoxy. D2T is the most forgiving and usually cures overnight, Although I use mine as it comes from the tube or bottle, they can be thinned with acetone or denatured alcohol to make brushing easier.

Lately I've been using flex coat as it has a UV stabilizer and supposedly will not yellow over time.

The other product I use and do so regularly is DST Internationals Clear concrete sealer high gloss. Vey thin but is dippable and usually take 3-4 coats. Does not need a turner and cures overnight

jigaglow

i tried the defcon last night after reading some threads. Was curious about what every one was using. its a little pricy, what is sallys?[/align]

Fatman

I just powder coat the heads and cure then I use Duco cement (Devcon Product) put some on each head put my eyes on and haven't lost one yet.

QPassage

I use the cheap from the reg hardware store
This one has been epoxy clear coated.
aaw.jpg

Plus side it give a rock solid coating that wears well.
Down side dries very quickly. Working fast and I'm doing well to coat 15 of these by the time my brush starts setting up. It really sets the eyes in through 3d or flats.

midnight

I usually use Epoxy and thin with alcohol. I've been playing lately with Aleene's Fabric Fusion both as a fly tying cement and coating jig heads after baking powder paint coating and covering with nail art. Jigs seem to hold up sitting in a bottle of water will play with it more come open water. What I really like about it is you can thin it with water and there's no smell! Works about like epoxy. Someone on here had mentioned it a while back! Cheap got at Walmart

Back