Endless pursuit of filter materials

Kdog

Although LedHed sent me some of his material and its awesome, I cannot find that material and everywhere I sent scrap has offered but have nothing close.

I've been doing a lot of research and have narrowed some test cups down to some commonly available materials
1000 Denier Cordura
1680 Denier Ballistic Cloth
Medium Weight Nylon Pack Cloth
2 ply goretex
and to keep the Mrs happy shes getting my samples Spandex.

Has anyone tried these materials and if you have please share the results.

Fatman

The stuff I got from Sonny was excellent!! One of the pieces he sent me had a number on it and I tried a bunch of times to get a match from McMaster Car and ended up spending more money sending it back.

Streetwalker

I've found that the Tyvek Priority Mail envelopes work good on the bottoms of my powder paint cups.

Kdog

Just a little update.
I tried several different materials and all but one gave me unsatifactory performance. I found a material at Hobby Lobby that looked interesting, Bought 1/3 yard = $1.16 made some 2" cups and 3" cups to test and it actually performs better than the material I got from LedHed. I went back today and bought 3 yards. Its called special suede but based on the SKU on my receipt it is
http://shop.hobbylobby.com/products/dec22-11-drapery-lining-white-790964/

I am very happy with both the price and performance. I use E6000 adhesive and glue it shiny side up and let it set overnight. Beats everything I have tried to date. The 1/3 yard will let you make around 50 2" cups. If anyone would like a sample send me a PM

Back