emerald shiner chenille

redear

Am wanting to try some new age emerald shiner chenille but in the pics that I can find it looks a whole lot like gray pearl which I already have. My question is this, Is crazy anglers gray pearl the same as grandpa bobs emerald shiner? If it is then I don't need to order any. I do like the gray pearl a lot because it is a size 3 and it is very crush resistant, a beard stubble like feel possibly from the mylar.

redear

I ordered some in size 3 from crazy where it is gray pearl and then ordered a few packs of size 2 emerald shiner off ebay and I think this may be associated with grandpa bobs not sure, but it's grandma g in burghill ohio. gonna tie some chenille and hackle vee tails with the flashabou kicker to add something different to the box.

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
Does his wife ship quicker than him? haha.  Just kidding of course, never ordered from them but have heard enough reviews.   :rolleyes:

Sure do hear about emerald shiners up here on Erie too, just may have to get me some of that chenille off of you fishhunter775.  Do you have it in stock, what size?  Intrigues me that it carries the same name as such a productive bait fish.  Besides, think i am due for another order.............. no matter what mama says.

redear

Attica, the chenille came in just a few days, and it was just this one color offered on ebay and there are 4 one yard pieces in each bag, I bought the last 3 bags and it is size 2, just a hair smaller than crazy's pearl gray which looked the same. Gray is a great color in some clear water lakes I want to get back to fishing now that I'm retired. Am tying the gray ghost I guess with 2 gray hackle vees and one black, also with 2 kickers of silver magnum flashabou, unpainted heads and of course the emerald shiner or gray pearl. Now don't get me wrong tho, minner chenille has been good to me and it looks much better in the water than it does dry because the sparkles come alive in the water. The emerald shiner ( gray pearl) has a lot of mylar in it too, even more than the minner I think and it resists crushing a lot too with all that mylar in there, I need to throw one out there in my pool tomorrow to see how it looks in the water. the only thing about the minner that I didn't care for was the black mixed in there, so I have high expectations for the gray pearl, it is just the best looking gray so far that I have seen.

redear

the size 3 from crazy works on a size 6 sickle but may be too big for a size 8 hook, for that I would go with the size 2 chenille from grandpa bob. this chenille doesn't mash down like some other new age colors.

Back