Electric chicken pony head

Bkabina

1/32oz. Pony head. Painted Green chartreuse with galaxy black tapped over top. Did the same to the blade but also used a coffee stir straw to dot a g.black eye then touched the dot with a brush dipped in pearl white then g.black straw dot again over the white.

Hot pink ultra chenille
Fluorescent green chart. Marabou tail
Holographic pearl k. Flash

I know it's kind of sloppy around the swivel and hook point, but I was being lazy after painting a bunch heads today.

519f671645b6c85cb50bc0f508af02d7.jpg

papaperch

I don't know about the sloppy bit. But I bet Mr Crappie will think that electric chicken look fin licking good.

Fatman

Very nice BK - I like the eye on the blade also!! I tried that once after hearing the guys say use a straw but with the arthritis the hands aren't that steady.

AndyLane

Thats one Funky Chicken! :D:icon14::icon14::icon14: If you dont catch something with that there may not be any fish in the lake.:D

redman

Dang Bkabina you stole my secret. I started to add a red dot to the spinners on my pony heads. I got the Idea from so old tackle that I had come a crossed and forgot about. They in the day were called red dot spinners and were all hammered brass and were marked with a red dot. Last time they were sold was back in the early 1960's That is a good pattern and will take a good many fat slab crappies.

Redman

plateboater

I am pouring pony's today. On a break and looking at your pony again! From start to finish how much time do you have invested. I think that would be on 20lb test!!

Fatman

Plate - when I do brush taps I'll do all the base coats first then the brush taps, keeps it going faster that way. If I was going to do 25 in that paint job I would use a small fluid bed for the chartreuse - IF you have the brush tapping method you can do them quick if not you're a bit more careful. Being careful 40-45 minutes - but then try and find a paint job like that in a store!!!

Bkabina

Thanks again everyone.

It doesn't take but a few extra minutes to do this one compared to one that doesn't have the blade painted and the black tapped on.

Back