Dying Shad

toadfrog

Used to call those sprig jigs . Used a round head though . I like those a lot better . More fishy looking.

Fatman

Prowler I really like those!!!! Never thought of tying a dying jig pattern before and you'res really show it, great ties!!!

LedHed

Sponsor
Way better photo angles and a very distinctive approach for a jig. I’ve never seen a jig with that eye configuration.

redman

Once more a superb or should I say superHerb paint job. Like that pattern and a very innovative approach to a jig tying problem. Hats off to you again for a great tie.

Redman

Shoemoo

You know, I was wondering why the pic in the jig swap thread looked like the jig only had one eye on it. Now I know. How did you get the black line over the top of the white chenille?

I've got some tube jig heads, so I may try something similar.

Nightprowler

Thanks for the compliments. I have tons on chenille, but of course none was that small or black. I was in Joann Fabrics and picked up some curtain tassel material. I told the clerk I needed 3" width and she gave me "that look". She squared the material and I told her that is all I really needed. She said to put the roll back on the shelf and have a nice day...lol.
Anywho, the tassel material get's tied in right before you tie in the chenille. After you have wrapped the chenille and hitched it, bring the tassel over the top and hitch it. Be sure to keep tension until it's secure.
Thanks
NP

Fatman

Might have to check some of that out, the wife said she's going there to get some patterns to make summer clothes for when our grand daughter comes for the summer!!! I told her jeans, t=shirts and a small pair of mud boots!!! The BUG is gonna go fishin with PAPA!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back