Duck Feathers

StumpHunter

Jay I'm with you, I would hate to see a tyer put those feathers on their tying desk!! I have a box I can put them in so no one would be able to use any---------but me :icon14:

Awesome feathers to tie jigs with. Look over the Home page at the jigs that have been tied with duck.

Pepop

CropE said:
Are duck feathers good material for tying jigs..??
CropE, click Search & just type in "Duck" & you'll see several examples of fine duck feather jigs. Plateboater, crappiehappy & a couple others are Master's with the duck flank feathers! I've tied a few but mine never look as good as theirs.

QPassage

I purchased a Phil Robertson Duck call just for my ducks. Two quacks and they come to attention, 3 quacks they place themselves on the jig, and 4 quacks "the most important" they wiggle their tails and make the fish jump in the boat. :D

papaperch

I have heard that extensive handling of duck feathers can lead to dislike of BEER.

At first I thought this to be just a web rumor. But after extensive study I have determined to offer to take all you guys who love BEER your duck feathers.

I have also heard that handling the wood duck flank feathers not only creates a dislike for BEER but as a especially evil side effect
of aversion to fish in any form.

So in the interest of PUBLIC SAFETY please mail all the ducky fedders you got to me.
:pThe rest of your tying supplies if you like them you can keep them. PERIOD:p

Radtexan

Pepop said:
CropE, click Search & just type in "Duck" & you'll see several examples of fine duck feather jigs. Plateboater, crappiehappy & a couple others are Master's with the duck flank feathers! I've tied a few but mine never look as good as theirs.

JungleJim is my favorite tyer of the Duck...I think he showed all of us what can be done with it...

papaperch said:
I have heard that extensive handling of duck feathers can lead to dislike of BEER.

At first I thought this to be just a web rumor. But after extensive study I have determined to offer to take all you guys who love BEER your duck feathers.

I have also heard that handling the wood duck flank feathers not only creates a dislike for BEER but as a especially evil side effect
of aversion to fish in any form.

So in the interest of PUBLIC SAFETY please mail all the ducky fedders you got to me.
:pThe rest of your tying supplies if you like them you can keep them. PERIOD:p
So far ,so good here Papa,,, ;) but Ive only been on the quacks for a few years, I'll keep an eye out for the symptoms.

JUNGLEJIM1

Combined tying hobby with new hobby casting resin. Here's one of my favorites using some duck jigs. I've been tying with duck feathers for a long time, and it's the one feather I would never give up. View attachment 3View attachment 4

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    66.9 KB · Views: 40
  • 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    59.8 KB · Views: 39
Back