Dubbing

HairyMooseKnuckles

Dubbing

After playing around with different brands of yarn, I find I like Red Heart the best. It just seems to be softer and not get "pills" when I blend it.

I'm on a dubbing kick at the moment. I've got about 8 different base colors I'm playing with.

AllenOK

I did some with Red Heart pink yarn a couple years ago. Ended up making some pink Scuds with them for 'gills. My Daughter quickly confiscated the yarn (she loves anything pink), and this past summer, started teaching herself how to knit and crochet. I think she has more colors of yarn squirreled away than my wife has.....

hookup

LedHed said:
- next the pet hair.....

I've done that. My cocker spaniel use to get this long white/blond soft piece of fur that grew on the end of his bobbed tail. I'd cut it off & use it as a tail on minnow style jigs.

Fatman

HMK - have a great article on dubbing I'll post a link when I get home. Instead of having to go to the internet wayback site to see it there's a new link for it, although I'll keep both links.

Fatman

These are easily made using different popsicle sticks and different sizes of velcro - I use both sides - prickly for teasing it out and the smooth side for getting it to lay flatter.
100_5560.jpg

Back