Double jig rig

Jigging15

Forgot to add I tie them in 6-8 lb test line and use 12 on main line and attach with a snap swivel. That waynit breaks off the leader if snaged and unable to get it loose. Unsnap it and put on anoter them you are fishing again instead of retying. Saves a lot of time.

jschmidt

double rigs will be in my future as soon as I get out on the water. Most fly guys that nymph alot fish a double rig out here.

Jigging15

I use a barrel swivel at the top. Then down about 6" to the first jig then down 10-12" to the next jig. I use a snap swivel on the main line which is usually 12 lb test. Then the leader is 6-8 lb test. 99% of the time it will break somewhere with in the leader which allows you to unsnap the swivel and change out with another pretied rig. Hope this helps blt.

BucktailJiger

Double rig here a lot at river . Depending on conditions flow , water level , were the fish are determins what weight I use . May run double 1/24 oz up to 3/16oz . 10" to 18" apart and upper is always tied off with a loop , and useally run 2 different size body's if using plastic . try to do the same with jigs . Don't want to drop past the fish to fast , but yet need to get to them with the right presitation .

Back