double bead steelhead jigs

smallieslayer

whts going on fellow tyers.
I have a problem tying those beau mac style double bead marabou jigs and would like if someone could give me step by step instrucs on tying em up. thank you

SaltyBuckster

There are'nt too many steelhead fishermen that I've seen on here.If you could post a pic of what you are talking about,I'm sure that you will get a lot of responces.

BucktailJiger

View attachment 5strip the marabou down to the quill and gently slide it in the second bead , pull the bead to the rear the rear gently tie in the quill couple drops glue push bead back up against first bead drop of glue behind the second bead , your done .

Attachments

• showImageEcom.ashx.png
    showImageEcom.ashx.png
    63.6 KB · Views: 77

Shoemoo

I have done a couple of these. Here is how it's done. First, select marabou feathers with THIN stems. Thick stemmed feathers and stripped fibers will not work. Pull the fibers off the side of the feather until all that's left is the part you want for the tail. Poke a loop of monofilament through the hole in the beads, then thread the beads onto the hook. Add a dab of superglue between the beads to hold them together.

Insert the stripped stem of the feathers through the loop, along with any flash material. Flashabou and krystal flash both work. Pull the loop of line to draw the feathers and flash through the holes. Push the beads up to the head and trim the excess stem, then add a dab of superglue to the area between the head and the first bead.

The biggest pain is finding beads with a hole large enough to go over the hook. You'll probably end up drilling the beads, which is why I've only done a few.

Back