Don't sell it ! Adapt it !

toadfrog

I have two now obsolete tube jig molds . Now that advances in cnc machining have made it possible to avoid cutting the tails for tubes and are now injected individually ,what to do with the old mold. Go to any hardware store that specializes in plumbing parts. Pick up some small inserts for brass fittings . Locke supply is where I got mine to do this test run. They are flared tube inserts 1/4 '' o.d. , You simply pull silicone , living rubber, or some other tab style material through the insert with a wire leaving a small loop at the flared end. place it in the mold and shoot. Here are some pics that are fairly self explanatory. View attachment 8View attachment 9 Like I always say unsupervised men can do anything I the wife don't catch you.

Attachments

• Tubes and Tails 001.jpg
    Tubes and Tails 001.jpg
    289.2 KB · Views: 125
  • Tubes and Tails 002.jpg
    Tubes and Tails 002.jpg
    297 KB · Views: 123
  • Tubes and Tails 003.jpg
    Tubes and Tails 003.jpg
    254.4 KB · Views: 121

toadfrog

You can but its more of a pain. two to three feather quills should fit the tube. You will need to dip the feather first in plastic then trim the excess using the flare as a guide. Half an inch or so sticking into the body should do nicely. same with hackle. I went back and added these pics for you all. Sorry I didn't take more time to make them look better . Marabou seems to be the best way to go. add a hackle feather here and there dosen't hurt. Pull as many feathers as you can through the tube . If you get plastic by pass it really sucks because it won't come out of the feathers. View attachment 1View attachment 2View attachment 3

Attachments

• TUBES FEATHER TAILS 001.jpg
    TUBES FEATHER TAILS 001.jpg
    277 KB · Views: 94
  • TUBES FEATHER TAILS 002.jpg
    TUBES FEATHER TAILS 002.jpg
    289.9 KB · Views: 92
  • TUBES FEATHER TAILS 003.jpg
    TUBES FEATHER TAILS 003.jpg
    285.9 KB · Views: 92
Back