Do you have any pink nail polish?

Uncle Grump

That's the question I got from SWMBO last night - me being a rugged manly man and all that sort of thing.....

SWMBO is headed to a wedding today, and wearing a pinkish dress - and she was flat out of anything that would work. Sadly, oh so sadly, I am on call for work, and since the wedding is out of town, I must stay home so as to be available, should problems arise. Such great and profound anguish I feel.;);)

A quick check of the :jig: making supplies turned up a bottle of polish, and SWMBO approved - she likes it, and even SWMBette likes it - she did hers - and SWMBette doesn't do nail polish.

UG

Jig Man

I'm so sorry to hear that you couldn't make the trip. I know you are heart broken... probably wont be able to sleep a wink today.... But the main question is, did they leave you enough so ya'll would match? :d

Uncle Grump

Matching jigs - oh gosh yes, matching nails......................we aren't going there....manly man, etc. :)

UG

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
Haha! My stash has been broken into a few times by both wife and daughter. Pink (daughter), green (wife) and sparkley are the popular colors.

Don't mean to bore or to hi-jack, but do have a funny story....

Last year while waiting in the parent pick-up at school (my kids are in 3rd & 1st grade this year) my sons friends mother mentioned how her son wanted to know if she could paint his nails one time. Of course everyone in the room chuckled. There were several parents in the room ALONG WITH a parent who i happened to be the coach of the T-ball team that his company was sponsoring - and i had HIS SON on my team! :D I looked at the little boy and told him, don't worry about it, i bet i own WAY more nail polish than either your mom or my wife! I turned around and left it at that for a rather long pause before i mentioned that i used mine on fishing lures. The long pause was priceless!!!!! The father who was sponsoring the T-ball team, his jaw just dropped. The whole room was staring at me like i was a psyco for that 10 seconds that seemed like forever. :) My sons friend thought it was pretty funny though.

Uncle Grump

It gets better....Sat morning, SWMBO comes down from the bedroom wearing her dress - and its got lots of shades of purple in it, and I said "where's the pink?" She goes "it's in there", to which I replied "if you are wearing purple, you should have asked" to which she replied, "I didn't think you'd have any...".

Did you all follow that?

So I head downstairs to the jig making supplies, and come up w/ two shades of purple - and she says that one of them is an exact match to hre dress....so there we are, she is running late, way behind her departure time, attempting to repaint and dry both fingers and toes....

She made the wedding by 7 minutes.

UG

baitmaster

Yep, same thing at my place. My wife has also realized that the .004 micro hex glitter that I use is the perfect thing to add to her nail colors. Since I have 16 colors, she raids my stash often.

Back