DO-It SAJ-4-A Slide Along jig mold

Fatman

Picked up a DO-It SAJ-4-A Slide Along jig mold today - now I just have to get hooks for it.  They call for a 1623 style hook but can only find them in bronze - any other suggestions??

Glide%20along%20jig%201.jpg

Glide%20along%20jig%202.jpg

QPassage

Fatman said:
Picked up a DO-It SAJ-4-A Slide Along jig mold today - now I just have to get hooks for it.  They call for a 1623 style hook but can only find them in bronze - any other suggestions??

Glide%20along%20jig%201.jpg

Glide%20along%20jig%202.jpg
I saw that one and almost bid on it.

Hawnjigs

KISS
Wow, a rare OOP mold in new condition, congratulations !

I have the same issue with a recently aquired 1623 Standup Spin mold, and when I'm feeling reckless might fill and drill to fit bent out eye leg 32833s. SOME batches of that hook can be bent out to 60* with acceptable (10% or less) breakage loss, but the necessary 45* may not be possible.

Fatman

Saw those but was hoping to find packs of 500 each size. Might just buy 5 packs of each for a total of $58 + shipping through Do-It

Hawnjigs

KISS
The Do-it listing is confusing:
1. The hook is not a "wide gap"
2. I don't recall them being forged either
3. 1623CRM - the "M" refers to quantity 1,000 - EC black hooks usually have a "BP"
4. The sketch is inaccurate as the 1623CR hooks only have a downward shank bump - an upward bump will protrude outside the casting.

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
Looks like an interesting mold. Hope to see a few that you cast from it so i can visualize it better.

Hawnjigs

KISS
Thanks for the pic "gaspumper". What application do you use that style jig head for and does the hook ever loosen and rotate?

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks for the picture. Those have an interesting shape. Similar to the Erie mold jig, but a little more shapely figure.

Fatman

Thanks Gas!! Several folks have told me that if you use the hook without the crimp that they could slide around, but the crimped hook would stop that.

Russ - First time I saw it all I could think of was a walking sinker on a hook.

gaspumper

I use the 1/2 oz mainly in heavy weeds for walleye,have never had the hook come loose in the head,I catch walleye pike and bass in the weeds where I fish in southern Ont.I have never found a supplier for the crimped hooks in Ontario.

Back