do it mold handles

Bucko

is it just me or so you guys get sore hands and cramps while on a long pouring session? I poured right around 400 3/4 ounce flathead jigs last night and would have done more but my hands were cramping. you would think that do it would have redesigned the handles to be more comfortable by now, right? sheesh.....

Bucko

not a bad idea. I'll try that for when I do production molds. unfortunately I was using a mold with varying sizes so I had to open and reload only pouring one at a time. I wish they made a mold with 5 or 6 of the same size in that model. would make my life a lot easier!

Hawnjigs

KISS
400 single pours is a lot !

Was me I'd pour max 200 then take a few hours break before doing the rest.

Hmm, maybe the handles can be re-shaped? I mean with home shop tools?

Bucko

Ya I thought about running them through the belt sander. just started painting them.

Attachments

• 1396581514730.jpg
    1396581514730.jpg
    387.1 KB · Views: 105

toadfrog

Get some half round wood stock . Drill and bolt them on . Leave them a little long . then start pouring . note your hand position . Mark between your fingers . Take a half round wood rasp file in finger grooves until it feels good . You will be surprised at the difference .

hookup

He!! getting old. Happens to me with only 100 pours

toadfrog

Wait till your hand cramps and ya can't turn loose or pour a cup of coffee. Then promptly drop it for no good reason . Getting old ain't for sissies .

JUNGLEJIM1

What a relief, I thought it was only happening to me. Hands cramp, back get's stiff, neck aches, etc. I walk away for a bit to stretch awhile and get back at it. Wish the handles were softer but that's the way it goes. Catch a few with the jigs and maybe you'll forget about the aches and pain for at least a little while.

toadfrog

I was looking up Delrin high temp plastic rods and sheets . If you order that put your hands in the air it will make ya feel better cause your about to get robbed .

Back