Do-It JC-6-1632 Crappie Jig Mold

cadman

Anyone have this mold in very good condition, that wants to sell it? Also looking for the crimped hooks that fit this mold? #33903. Do these hooks bend easily and who makes them? Thanks for any help

cadman

CrappieHappy said:
I looked at purchasing this mold awhile back. If i recall correctly the 33903 is a mustad hook. I will see if i can find a link.

**Edit, here is a link to Captain hooks :

http://www.captainhookswarehouse.com/index.cfm?page=detail&hookid=36&view=1

Thanks for the response. Did you buy the mold? Also on those hooks, it looks like they are stout hooks. This is for one of my customers who wants to use this for wacky rigging for bass?

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
cadman said:
...This is for one of my customers who wants to use this for wacky rigging for bass?...

Use that jig for BASS?? Never would have thought of that one. Tried the Wacky style with Senkos when it 1st got popular and never had much luck with it. Guess i wasn't doing something right. That was just using un-weighted hooks.

By what i see in my catalog, The crappie jig mold only fits #8 (1/16) and #10 (1/32) hooks and i would sure say that is too small for targeting bass. The 33903 hooks do go up to #2 though.

What about this option? Wacky Head Jig If it was me, think i would prefer this (minus the weed guard) with the wider bite hook for bass. The 33903's are gapped about the same as aberdeens. Then again, the customer is always right. :rolleyes:

toadfrog

I have one . Been hanging around here a while . No hooks though . Once in a while I pull it out make a couple just for posts and grins and giggles . The hooks set in the mold with the point and bend down in the mold .I increased the length on one 1/32 slot to accept a bigger bend hook . Outside of that it is nearly new. Poured the thing maybe ten times . I can do a trade if you like . But before you send anything I can send the mold for your inspection Or you can just use it and send it back when your done no big deal .

cadman

toadfrog said:
I have one . Been hanging around here a while . No hooks though . Once in a while I pull it out make a couple just for posts and grins and giggles . The hooks set in the mold with the point and bend down in the mold .I increased the length on one 1/32 slot to accept a bigger bend hook . Outside of that it is nearly new. Poured the thing maybe ten times . I can do a trade if you like . But before you send anything I can send the mold for your inspection Or you can just use it and send it back when your done no big deal .

Toad,
I am definitely interested, a pic of the inside will be fine. I would like to discuss with you further. PM me your phone number and I can call you if that is OK or we can exchange e-mails if you would like. I can also pay you for it as well if you would like.

Thanks.......................Ted

toadfrog

One of my daughters got married tonight . Just got in . Will go get Pic now . Email with info sent . Back in a while .

cadman

Toad,
That is a winner. PM me your phone and or e-mail, so we can discuss further.

Thanks

cadman

Toad,
Are you still interested in swapping for this mold that you have. Let me know I would like to discuss with you.

Thanks.................Cadman

toadfrog

cadman said:
Toad,
Are you still interested in swapping for this mold that you have. Let me know I would like to discuss with you.

Ted my emails and p.m. must not be going through . I sent them twice . My phone and all that is in there somewhere I'll hit her again.

cadman

toadfrog said:
cadman said:
Toad,

Ted my emails and p.m. must not be going through . I sent them twice . My phone and all that is in there somewhere I'll hit her again.

Toad,
I got your PM, however no phone number. Please PM me your phone nmber and I will call you.

Thanks..................Ted

Back