Dirty chicken chenille

redear

a couple weeks ago I odered some of crazy anglers crystal Dirty chicken chenille, because of the good reports I have read. Today I was taking my bag of chenille from the house to the shop out back where I tie jigs, when I got outside and the sunlight hit that chenille it was like whoa!! the pink showed up a lot more and the green mylar sparkled, it made a complete transformation in the sunlight. still haven't fished it yet but tied 2 jigs with it tonight. Anyone else have some good things or experiences with this chenille? I tied it with a green chart. head and a shad gray tail along with some flash.

redear

goodtimes. I don't have the skills to post a good pic. but I don't think you can get a good look at this stuff in a pic anyway. like I said it was the outdoors lighting that made it come alive. I have seen other new age chenilles do this also, the minner color comes to mind, that stuff didn't look like much till I put it in the water, then all the little mylar pieces came alive, and the dirty chicken has a lot more mylar in it than the minner does. today I had a friend over that gets a few jigs from me and he loves a pink and green chart. kiptail jig, when I handed this stuff to him and told him to step out into the sunlight, he flipped out and got all exited over the dirty chicken. we are just trying to figure out the best head and tail combos to try with it, we use a jig under a float along with a crappie nibble which is also part of the color scheme.

redear

tied a couple tonite with it that had a pink head and a natural mallard flank tail, boy does that ever look good!

redman

redear I have a couple of packs of it and it does look good. I have tied several patterns of it but they are not as productive as I like. May have to revisit this and see if we can come up with a pattern that will be a killer. Fall crappie bite will start here shortly and have been filling a few boxes to go out after them. Will see what I can come up with to use this chenille. Waste not want not.

Redman

Pop

I looked at Crazy Anglers website but couldn't find anything called "dirty chicken chenille". Is it under a different name? Thanks, Pop

redman

Pop it is listed under the Crystal Chenille color #555 Robert has a good picture of it if you click on the bottom of the thumbnail pictures. Hope this helps.

Redman

redear

made another order last nite and sent for some more dirty chicken as well as monster green, texas toast and neutron pink and some lazer colored crinkle flash. oh yeah, and some mallard flank, natural fl. yellow, fl. chart.

redman

Did a order last week and bought mallard flank but Fl. Pink and Fl Chartreuse. Need to make some Flash Ducks for the spring. Need to kill about five Gadwall Ducks to have tying material for them also. It's not duck season yet so will have to wait on that. Not only tying material but the ducks taste good too.

Redman

Pop

Redman, thanks for the help. Dirty Chicken looks like eyelash yarn. Martha Stewart brand looks the same quality. Bought 4 different skeins on sale at Michaels about 6 months ago. I think I only spent 2.50 each. Sparkle in the water is great. Would like to hear how different people are tying it as the fibers are very short. I just wrapped the center cord around a jig with the fibers sticking out. The fibers seem to lay back on the retrieve. Pop

Back