Dinking Around

toadfrog

View attachment 8I borrowed blt's snake head / bullhead mold . This thing is what I came up with in the end . Just threw it together enough to get a look at the concept .

Attachments

• SNEAKY SNAKE.jpg
    SNEAKY SNAKE.jpg
    390.7 KB · Views: 133

toadfrog

When I first saw the mold I thought it might have been a palmer . It's not . And you better have pure lead to pour it too . Just a two piece square block no handles made of brass . SH!+ that thing gets hot . Had to wear mill gloves to pour it . Would have used pliers to hold it but didn't want to damage the outside in any way . Trying to put a hook in with gloves on was like trying to shoot pool with a wet rope . But I'm having a blast with it . Next one will have a different body . Try to put a little more effort into the paint job .

blt

That's great! Can't wait to see what else you come up with.

If anyone else wants to use this mold, post here, and he can ship it to you instead of me. You send it to me when done.

toadfrog

View attachment 7View attachment 8Yep ! This is the way I solve my paint problems when my heads sit too long and oxidize . Paint dosen't like to stick to dirty lead . I use plain old apple cider vinegar as a medium . cleans lead like new . Then just wash in distilled water . ( Haven't put just the right body to your lead snake head yet . Will be sending your mold back today Thanks Pard.

Attachments

• ROOSTER GIZMO 1.02 001.jpg
    ROOSTER GIZMO 1.02 001.jpg
    273.7 KB · Views: 24
  • ROOSTER GIZMO 1.02 002.jpg
    ROOSTER GIZMO 1.02 002.jpg
    248.6 KB · Views: 24

Fatman

Ok I know all about the apple cider vinagar but using an air pump into a container???? I just let em soak in a bowl then rinse - does the air pump make much difference???

toadfrog

There is a hundred of them in there . I just added the pump with a circle of hose that has pin holes in it to try and keep the crud from settling in the middle of the pile . Helps some . Not perfect . Air pressure is a little low with the pump . Just one of those nutty things to do for grins and giggles .

Back