Dilly Crappie Tacos!

Pepop

10-12 medium size crappie filets (pat dry with paper towels).
Cover a cookie sheet or cake pan with foil large enough to fold over the top as a cover. Lightly coat the bottom with olive oil & sprinkle generously dried dill, garlic salt and cilantro (dried is ok but fresh chopped is much better). Arrange filets on pan and sprinkle seasonings on top generously. Fold foil over and crimp around edges making a tent. Bake in a pre-heated 350 degree oven for 20 min, fold foil back and bake for 5-6 min. more.
Serve on a warm corn tortilla with *shredded cabbage/cilantro/lime mix, sliced avocado and **my brother's Pico De Gallo.

*Packaged shredded cabbage (cole slaw mix), large handful of fresh cilantro coarsely chopped, 1/2 to 3/4 cup fresh lime juice, all tossed together and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.

**6 medium ripe tomatoes diced, 1 cup diced SWEET onion, 1/2 cup diced jalapeno pepper (no seeds), large handful of fresh cilantro coarsely chopped, 1 Tbsp coarse sea salt, 1 tsp black pepper, 2/3 cup fresh lime juice. Toss together and refrigerate for at least 1 hour tossing every 15-20 min before serving (it's even better the next day). Garden Fresh ingredients make this the best!

The result!!
IMAG1001_zps222e67f0.jpg

redman

Sound very good I will have all the stuff from the garden in a little while. Now I will have to find the fresh crappies fillets. It's a tough job but some ones got to do it. Thanks for the recipe.

Redman

creekychub

Wow those look great!! Can't wait for my tomatoes and cilantro to start growing so I can try that pico recipe! Mine tacos are pretty similar, I use cilantro lime rice instead of slaw most of the time. Definitely my favorite way to eat fish.

Back