Desk and storage

PanfishHunter

I'm getting myself a little Christmas present this year. I've looked around at multiple desks but this seems to be the one i have in mind.
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B005AKON8U...TF8&colid=3NK8UQ8Z16GM7&coliid=I3RM422PZYVYX5

The desk has quite a bit of storage space, which is great for me.
Along with that i plan on getting a couple of these in different sizes and styles. http://www.amazon.com/dp/B003P2UOCO...lid=3NK8UQ8Z16GM7&coliid=I186196CH5NQ4Z&psc=1

These should hold materials and hooks pretty well. Has anyone used these?

Kdog

The desk looks nice, but a bit small IMO. I've got an 8' workbench and wall space and would like more space.

The storage bins are nice for small items but to make them really useful you need to label the drawers which for me is an easily bypassable activity that causes me a to waste a lot of time looking for things. Also, most of the drawer have a small hole somewhere in the bottom that you need to block off. I use a piece of scotch tape.

Pup

Wow, nice presents indeed.

Don't be afraid to drill a hole into that desktop with a wood-boring bit. I've found that my setup has been way better off with the addition of a magnifying lamp that rests into such a drilled hole. Though, maybe I do need that a lot more than you do. ;)

PanfishHunter

Man, ledhed, some of those roll tops are beautiful. I think this desk should suffice for now. I'll be moving out of my parents house after i graduate high school next year, so i'd like something fairly easy to move, and this can be disassembled and reassembled pretty quickly.

haha, pup, not sure if i need a magnifying lamp YET, but for tying smaller flies that would be helpful.

I'm also in the market for some new fly tying scissors, since one of the blades on mine broke. I'd like a pair of Dr. Slicks, but not for 30 bucks!

hookup

xMas gift for the scissors?

That's how I get allot of my stuff I dont want to shell out the cash for.

But if not, go to Wallmart, then go to the sewing section - you'll find something cheap that'll work until you can upgrade

PanfishHunter

thanks for the tips guys. I definitely cut a decent amount of hair, so a good pair of scissors would be good. I'm using manicure scissors right now. Jig Man, i would get some slick's for Christmas, but I'm getting the desk and storage, as well as a guitar, so i don't want to put too much of a burden on my parents.

goodtimesfishing

I opted for the craigslist FREE corner desk. Nice and big with plenty of storage. Got mine all set up and then my wife decided she wanted one for her crafts...didn't take long and another one was on CL. Both corner(L-shaped)desks are real wood(not particle board)both free and both are in outstanding condition.
I highly recommend checking CL for your fly tying station needs......many great items out there for FREE!:D

lifefly

I have the storage bins, just can say it's worth the money - considering the freeshipping, it's even cheaper than I bought in China........ The bins are not very stable but OK for hooks etc....

PanfishHunter

Will check out CL. Fatman, boy i wish i had the money for those. i think i've settled for this desk, at least until i get some money and ive moved out.
Lifefly, i plan on using it for hook, feather, bead and etc storage, so stability shouldnt matter too much. thanks for the help guys

Back