Dear ole Dad and me

Ron Don

Future Sponsor
He put a whoopin on me today! He caught 3 before I even had the trollin motor in the water! We were both using mini spinnerbaits. We didn't catch any monsters but had a blast. Caught around 35 bream, a crappie, and a bass in an hr and a half. And I did catch my first "gasper goo", fresh water drum, on a 1/32 spinnerbait. They put up a fight! Look how the bream in the first pic inhaled the spinnerbait.

Attachments

• bream.jpg
    bream.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 64
  • bream2.jpg
    bream2.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 64
  • bream1.jpg
    bream1.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 64
  • goo.jpg
    goo.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 64

JUNGLEJIM1

That bluegill was really hungry. I think your spinnerbaits are gonna catch tons of fish. I need to tie a few bugger spinners and a few with the hackle collar.I like how the chart/black one looks. I'm gonna need more.

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
Looks and sounds like a fun day... figures, your dad gives you a break from making roads and busting dams and still manages to bust your chops on the lake. :D You'll get him next time....

Ahhh... the dreaded drums. We call them sheepheads (or s#!t-heads if thats all you catch) up here on Erie and they get BIG!!! But they are fun on light tackle.

Radtexan

AtticaFish said:
We call them sheepheads (or s#!t-heads if thats all you catch) up here on Erie and they get BIG!!!

"Gasper Goo" down here,and dont ask me where that came from ..

Ron Don

Future Sponsor
(s#!t-heads if thats all you catch)

AF.. What'd you call me!!??:p It is crazy how fish are called different things with just a few miles of separation. We call crappie, white perch here.

JUNGLEJIM1

The drum or grunts look the same no matter where you live. They fight like crazy fo a couple minutes and then give up and it's like reeling in a log. They are still fun to catch though.

Ron Don

Future Sponsor
Well we went back this afternoon to try to find the crappie. We had a 20% chance of rain... Pshh i dont even call that a chance! Well I do now. We got hammered, rained for an hour and a half and got 3/4 of an inch. By the time we got back to the landing we were soaked and it slacked off to a hard sprinkle so we said what the heck and kept fishing. We only caught 10 crappie.

Attachments

• crappie.jpg
    crappie.jpg
    148.7 KB · Views: 11
Back