custom rods

osagejoe

i see a lot of good looking rods being built .the last rod i built was a 9ft 5 wt.fly rod blank converted to a spinning rod.the gentleman whom i made it for went to alaska and caught a 30lb.coho on 6 lb.test line. that made my day.

Jig Man

Welcome to Jig Craft osagejoe. Great bunch of folks here. Would like to see some of your fishing rods and hear more stories.

JUNGLEJIM1

I've had a few rods made in the last several months,forgot to take pics of the last two and post them up. One more thing I need to do.

osagejoe

LedHed said:
Welcome oj - like to see some pics of your work

i have been building rods for 35 years ,i have rods in 17 states and 2 foreign countries.sorry i did not take any photos of my work .will try to take some of the next build.i plan on teaching my grandson who is 14 to make rods,he has became an excellent fisherman.his biggest fish today is a 12" bluegill a 20#catfish a 13 in.crappie a20#catfish a 5# 3oz.bass.he had a 12lb.5oz largemouth on a jerk bait untill the fish tailed walked and he froze long enougt for the fish to shake the lure loose.we know the weight of the bass to probabably weigh more because the bass was caught a year aro weighed and released.ryan cried for a month over loosing is,but like i told him the fish is still there to be caught again.thanks joe

hookup

Welcome aboard

I've built about 40 rods so far.

It's a great hobby, but very addicting.

Most notable rod I built went to a marine in Afghanistan. I found a camo blank @ Cabelas, then used red & gold marine colors for the thread w/ a marine sticker.

Back