Custom Retirement Rod....

LRB

Been working on a Diamondback rod this morning and applied a third coat of epoxy to the handle and foregrip...and built the epoxy ramp for the winding check....
The skin is a Eastern Diamondback Rattlesnake skin that was salvaged from a roadkill...
My client bought this custom rod for his boss as a retirement gift...the rodblank is a St.Croix Legend Elite ..M/H..seven footer..!!

MaryLou~~

Attachments

• 100_2208.JPG
    100_2208.JPG
    214.3 KB · Views: 128

JUNGLEJIM1

Now that is really nice!!!!!!!!!!! I wish I could have gotten a rod like that when I retired. Price is probably too steep for me. I'd better start saving now. It's truly a unique work of art.

LRB

JUNGLEJIM1 said:
Now that is really nice!!!!!!!!!!! I wish I could have gotten a rod like that when I retired. Price is probably too steep for me. I'd better start saving now. It's truly a unique work of art.

JJ..
You know the old saying...If you have to ask the price , you can't afford it..!!"...that applies to this particular rod.
My client did'nt blink a eye when I told him the price...he'll have a one of a kind rod..it will be awesome !!

MaryLou~~

Ron Don

Future Sponsor
LRB, you do amazing work! I have quite a few years til retirement.... I'll start saving now but I just hope you arent retired by the time I have enough!

JUNGLEJIM1

You won't see one of these on ebay,but I may start checking just in case. I may be breaking into the FISHING FUND shortly.

CK3

That is one beautiful rod MaryLou!
Makes me take a second look at some of mine!!!
"The Boss" should really treasure that employee!!!

LRB

Here is a update on the Retirement Rod.....the guides are American Tackle Titans !!....Titanium frames and Nanolite Rings...it a virtually indestructible guide !!
Used for both fresh and saltwater...synthetic lines and braided..and 100 corrision proof !!

MaryLou~~

Attachments

• 100_2441.JPG
    100_2441.JPG
    186.7 KB · Views: 36

ScottV

That looks great MaryLou. I guess that rod and I are kinfolk now. We both have titanium! Ha! Whoever gets that rod should be really proud!

Jiggin Joe

Excellent Job Mary Lou!!!! they will be very pleased with the Rod. I wonder what I would have to buy the wife to get one for myself ?:)

Back