Custom Mold New Lure

toadfrog

View attachment 5Messed around and got a Collins jigging slab mold . Slapped a sh1++y paint job on it just so ya'all could get a look . Tell me what you think of the shape ect . This is a 2 oz. goes down to 3/4 oz.

Attachments

• Custom Shad Experiment 001.jpg
    Custom Shad Experiment 001.jpg
    398.4 KB · Views: 109

toadfrog

Change in weather from 86 degrees to 36 has got me feeling like I got tiny trolls chewing in my joints . If I get straightened up tonight I'll do a little better paint job and post a pic . You would think painting a slab was easy but you soon find out like all tackle it has a personality and somewhat of a will all it's own . Thanks for the kudo's guys . Now if you were going to fish that bait what colors and paint job would most trip your trigger .

SaltyBuckster

I'de make it all light silver with a black back.Don't forget the black shad dot.In 3/4 oz. that would be a Structure Jig that won't be beat by anything out there.You can get a 1oz. one for like $10.00 that the largemouth tourney guys are using right now.

toadfrog

Gonna see what I can do with those colors . I've been trying some new tricks . May turn out to be yuck . We'll see . I'd like to do a scale pattern with real scales or something similar but all the good epoxies have attacked the adhesives or caused the application to stiffen and curl .Thinking about dipping the scale material one at a time then place them . Prolly take a month .LOL

Fatman

Toad

Take a piece of flexible window screening and stretch it over a metal coat hanger and then use your sprayer over it as you hold it near it. Kinda works like scale mask netting used for painting crankbaits but cheaper

toadfrog

View attachment 7Ya wanted fancy , Ya got something a little more fancy. I was listening to some music by Black Sabbath so I call this BLACK SLABBETH , There is your silver and black Bruce .

Attachments

• BLACK SLABETH.jpg
    BLACK SLABETH.jpg
    386 KB · Views: 62
Back