Curly Sue

Jungleboy

So I picked up a bag of this wool today (pictured below) down at the local knitting shop and it is called "English Leicester Rainbow died" It is very curly and soft ..I thought it would make an interesting jig body and with multiple colors it would be easy to experiment with. I tied this one up and thought I would submit it to the forum . I kinda like this stuff . What do you think?

plateboater

I purchase wool and it does not have the waves. What happens when it gets wet? Does it smooth out?

Jungleboy

It doesn't straighten out completely but it does have a nice action under water. You can brush it out and it will be less curly as well but it is quite puffy
IMG_1109.jpg
[/URL][/img]

Lost Pole

Looks like a catcher to me.
Looks almost like a weave more than wool.
I never had much luck with wool but gon try again this spring.
One thing I do know is keep each individual jig separate or you'll have a mess.

Pup

Jungleboy said:
So I picked up a bag of this wool today (pictured below) down at the local knitting shop and it is called "English Leicester Rainbow died" It is very curly and soft ..I thought it would make an interesting jig body and with multiple colors it would be easy to experiment with. I tied this one up and thought I would submit it to the forum . I kinda like this stuff . What do you think?
Interesting. Reminds me of wavy Huacaya alpaca fibers. :cool: That's good.

I'd comb them out with an eyelash comb before tying in.

Would like to see more of the greens and brown/reddish-brown colors. Nice find. :icon14:

Back