Crappy Weather

duffy

We've been having our usual windy spring this year that keeps us from getting any spraying done or even having any fun.  I was really surprised when I checked out the surface map that you guys in the mid west and around the great lakes are having what looks like winter all over again. Didn't even realize it until I saw a notice on the UPS tracking site about non delivery in those areas for a while until it passes. I guess the the news stations aren't interested because I haven't heard a thing. So how is it in your area?

Hawnjigs

KISS
First howling wind whiteout blizzard Friday afternoon thru the night since I moved to Ogallala in Fall '14. No biggie until we lost power. Warming up tonite to 17*.

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
Been up and down here. Most unpleasant and cold. Finally is at least warming up enough here to get out and catch some panfish. Made it out Friday and again today and put 50 pieces of fish in the freezer. Had rain almost the whole time today but temps weren't too bad. Not too far North of here got snow and up on the West end of Erie is getting some lake shore flooding. My Dad's place is safe, but with the East wind it is pushing all the water up in the harbors and flooding up over the banks in areas.

Buds are on the trees..... can't wait till we put on some leaves.

Kdog

SW Ohio, rain show wind. 3s degrees 20 25mph winds most of the afternoon. At one point I could barely see my car 70 feet away. Sunny and calm now but who knows. Been fishing several times, nothing is right, good mixed bag if you get lucky. Saugeye have been on and off. Walleye spawn is pretty much over but fish have really scattered and they are persnickety feeders. Best day so far was a mixed bag, walleye, crappie, bluegill, smallies but its been a lot of work to catch 4 or 5 nice fish in a days fishing

ridgeliner

When I woke up this morning the roofs were white and the grass was white. I just looked out the window and the snow is still coming down. When we had a couple decent days the steelhead fishing was really good. Those days didn't last long enough. Today is a double whammy day ........snow and income taxes are due. I hope things get better soon.

AllenOK

South Central MI can't seem to get a break! Mostly damp and chilly for weeks. Snowed twice in the past 5 days! We've had a couple that warmed up, then it plunges down to just below freezing again.

I was able to get out and catch half a dozen 6" Bluegill last week with my new 4wt.

Back