Crappie Play By Play

ScottV

I'm jig fishing Okatibbee Res. this morning test out my newest jigs. Looks like the red one I posted yesterday works.
a69370d1-c3ad-e3c7.jpg

ScottV

I hope I'm not out here all day. The Piggly Wiggly has plate lunches out at 11:00. Lol. By the way, the green jig works too.
a69370d1-d3f3-8eb0.jpg

Fatman

Wow Scott they definately work!!!!!!!!!! Great looking fish!!!!!!!!!! Grab some lunch then go back out!!!!!!!!!! Simple!!!!!!! LOL

Jig Man

Hope you can have your limit by lunch.. That old boy still has his colors goin, nice fish...

ScottV

Thanks guys, my daughter's car broke down so we left at 10:00 with 21 keepers. The crappie did like the red/black jigs today. I'm gonna tie some more of those.

blt

Question for you.....are those the rods in the pic you are using for the crappie? I never go out on a boat and am looking for a new rod to whip out these lite jigs, those seem kind of heavy.

ScottV

blt said:
Question for you.....are those the rods in the pic you are using for the crappie? I never go out on a boat and am looking for a new rod to whip out these lite jigs, those seem kind of heavy.

Yea those are the rods we're using. Those are 12' all fiberglass with sensitive tips. We keep them in rod holders and have the rod tips about a foot above the water. With eight poles fanned out in front of us, it looks like a big spider, hence the term "spider rigging". I have lots of underwater stumps marked on my GPS/fishfinder and I just move along at around .2 mph from stump to stump. I use either a 1/16 or 1/8 oz jig with a 3/8 oz egg sinker about 18 inches up the line.

StumpHunter

Great report and catch Scott and Steve. It's good to see those fish caught on your jigs you posted last night. Congrats on the morning on the lake :)

Lost Pole

Looked like y'all wore the right hats. And had the right jigs. Great story.
Look forwar to the grilled pics
Now to the broke down car....
Hope was fixable.

ScottV

Lost Pole said:
Looked like y'all wore the right hats. And had the right jigs. Great story.
Look forwar to the grilled pics
Now to the broke down car....
Hope was fixable.

Thanks Adam, my daughter's 2009 Camry needed an alternator. $200.60. Guess who got to pay for it? I guess that's what daddys are for.

Back