Crappie fishing 5-17-13

StumpHunter

Got on the lake at 2pm to fish for crappie and wasn't disappointed :icon14: Fished the channel edges in 10 to 15' depths, water temp has come up to 75 degrees and the fish are beginning to get in their summer pattern. Been a while since Rosco has been on the boat with me but he still remembers how to miss up a fish picture :D he like to lick and mouth each fish before they go into the live-well.
Not sure of the number of fish caught but we left the lake at 4:30 with a good limit of crappie. I see a fish fry coming tonight.:cool:

Attachments

• Greenwood 5-17-13 002.JPG
    Greenwood 5-17-13 002.JPG
    99.1 KB · Views: 48
  • Greenwood 5-17-13 001.JPG
    Greenwood 5-17-13 001.JPG
    108.7 KB · Views: 47
  • Greenwood 5-17-13 003.JPG
    Greenwood 5-17-13 003.JPG
    114.5 KB · Views: 48
  • Greenwood 5-17-13 005.JPG
    Greenwood 5-17-13 005.JPG
    163.8 KB · Views: 47

AndyLane

I got into a few crappie yesterday too but they were no way near as purdy as those. Looks like you had a fun day. :icon14::icon14: Seeing pics of your dog on the boat with ya reminds me of my black lab Toby I had years back. He had a thing for fish and frogs. When I first started taking him fishing with me he would try to take fish out of my bucket and eat them. After a while I trained him so when I threw a fish on the bank or in the boat he would give them a naw or two and put them in the bucket. :D Like I said he had a thing for frogs too. When he was a pup he would jump in the dang water after every frog he saw. I got him where he wouldnt go after them unless I told him to. I would shoot them with a 22 and he would retrieve them for me. Dangdest thing.

Jig Man

I like a little tail myself, especially fried up crisp... :D That's a Purdy mess of blacks ya got there Stump.

redman

Great pictures. Stump my rat terrier does the same thing that your dog does. If I catch a small bream she feels that it is her's. She will start chewing on it until all the big bones are pulverized and then eat it. I take her out with me in the late fall ,winter, and early spring. When the gators come out she stays at home. The gators love to target small dogs that ride in boats. They will attack a boat with a dog in it. Some times I feel like I am one of the Swamp People.

Redman

StumpHunter

redman said:
Great pictures. Stump my rat terrier does the same thing that your dog does. If I catch a small bream she feels that it is her's. She will start chewing on it until all the big bones are pulverized and then eat it. I take her out with me in the late fall ,winter, and early spring. When the gators come out she stays at home. The gators love to target small dogs that ride in boats. They will attack a boat with a dog in it. Some times I feel like I am one of the Swamp People.

Redman

WOW I didn't know that about the gators attacking a boat with a dog in it. If I catch a small fish I will let Rosco have it, keeps him busy for an hour or so playing with it :)

Thanks for the comments guys :)

Back