Crappie Craw

SlabHappy

Here is a Craw jig I tied for a jigswap. Should be good on rock banks during the spawn.

Attachments

• DSC03903_zps72caed1d.jpg
    DSC03903_zps72caed1d.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 180

toadfrog

That'll do her . What little fishing I've been able to do seems like bass are bottom feeding way more than they used to . Bet you get a fair mix on that .

Pop

Slabhappy, I absolutely love that jig. If possible, could you tell me the hook style number? Got to get that mold. Pop

Pop

SlabHappy said:
CWJ-4, but I filled in the barb with silicon. http://www.barlowstackle.com/Do-It-Wobble-Jig-Mold-P3073.aspx That's why I got it for myself for Christmas, to make craw jigs, but would be good for trolling with a plastic as well. It has a #4 black nickel sickle hook.
The uses for this jig seem to be many.
The black sickle hooks recommended on the Barlow's site are numbers 9014 and 9024. Which model did you use? Thanks, Pop

SlabHappy

Pop said:
The black sickle hooks recommended on the Barlow's site are numbers 9014 and 9024. Which model did you use? Thanks, Pop

I think the only difference in the two is the finish. 9014 - black nickel, 9024 - bronze. Both will work, but I used 9014.

Pop

SlabHappy said:
Pop said:

I think the only difference in the two is the finish. 9014 - black nickel, 9024 - bronze. Both will work, but I used 9014.

Thanks, appreciate the info. Pop

Pup

This is a slick-looking jig. I'd be intrigued by its action imparted by the wobble head. Nice work. :cool:

smalljaw

AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is flat out nice, I bet in the larger sizes it would make a killer river smallmouth craw!!!!!

smallmouth

smalljaw said:
AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is flat out nice, I bet in the larger sizes it would make a killer river smallmouth craw!!!!!

Smallies will hit small jigs with relish. Sometimes you might need a little mustard too! LOL!!!

God Bless,
Don

SlabHappy

Don Reeves said:
smalljaw said:

Smallies will hit small jigs with relish. Sometimes you might need a little mustard too! LOL!!!

God Bless,
Don

Yeah, too back we don't really have smallmouth too much in my nick of the woods!

Back