Crankbait Painting

ScottV

Does anyone else on here airbrush crankbaits? It's a fun hobby and it's the best way to stock up on good crappie colors. From May until October I troll cranks for crappie and since the white crappie are pretty much scattered following the shad schools during the hot months, it's very productive. Here's a pic of 15 that I painted yesterday.
3f92075e.jpg

ScottV

I do some of both. Those in the pic are called "Deep L's". From what I understand, they are the prototype of Bandit Lures. Bill Lewis who makes the Rattle Trap sold the patent to Bandit. I found a guy who has boxes full of Deep L rejects. Most of them are just blemishes in the paint. I sand them, white base coats, paint the colors, paint on the eyes, and clear coat them.

ScottV

These are some Wiggle Warts that were unpainted. A friend of mine somehow got them from Storm. I wish he could get some more.
e817d651.jpg

Jig Man

Nice work Scott...Those would probably work very well for Sandies also. And no I'm not into trolling, though a lot of folks here do.

ScottV

Thanks guys, I'm on the MS board on C.com a lot and there's 3 of us on there that paint cranks. I got my brush and compressor from my fishing buddy Hunter7711 so it's his fault that I'm hooked. Lol

ScottV

Thanks, I'm finally learning how to control the spray a little better. Like with powder paint, certain colors act differently. It's a fun hobby though, I can turn on some music, spray a coat of paint, and tie a few jigs while it's drying. Don't get any better than that. Lol

Lost Pole

Beautiful work, Scott. Those are pristine. Hope they keep y'all from sitting under that brella thumb wrestling.
I've got an air brush gun but no talent.

toadfrog

Very professional excellent job . I have 3 or four airbrushes bet I haven't used them 10 times.

Back