Craft fur minnows

smalljaw

I just got some new material to try out for minnow jigs and so I tied a couple out to see how this stuff might work out. The material is a product called "Senyo's Barred Predator wrap", it is sort of like the hackle flash but longer and on a small jig you only need a single wrap to get a nice effect. Both of these jigs are 1/8oz white ball jigs with 1/0 sickle hooks, big hooks but they are meant for largemouth and smallmouth. The top jig I tied the flash material in first and then tied in gray craft fur for the body with black frost for the belly and black for the back with some red hackle for the throat. The bottom jig I tied in the gray craft fur body, then a single wrap of flash and then the black frost belly and black back to finish it off. The nice part of this material is the length, it will allow you to use it like regular tinsel or flashabou or you can use it by wrapping it on the collar as I did and trim it later, you notice that I did one jig short and the other a little longer and I'll compare on the water to see which way is better but I'm liking this stuff.

DSCN05353_zps31dd0b29.jpg

fishindad

Looks good! I have been tossing around the idea of doing something similar in a saltwater baitfish pattern.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk

toadfrog

Done a little craft fur . The kind I had made more loss of material than I cared for so I gave it up . That looks really good are you loosing a bunch of short fuzz under the long stuff .

smalljaw

toadfrog said:
Done a little craft fur . The kind I had made more loss of material than I cared for so I gave it up . That looks really good are you loosing a bunch of short fuzz under the long stuff .

Thanks all!! TF, I have been using the extra select craft fur from Hareline Dubbin and I got a got bit of under fur, the stuff I used on these was one called black frost from Do-it and the gray and black are from Darice and that doesn't seem to have has much under fur but it still has some.

DrCrappie

The amount of under fur isn't a big deal most 'fur' is going to have it...I get mine from an online fabric store. Paid $1 for each 'sample' that is 3"x5", enough to tie many dozens of jigs with each piece.

Back