Cowboy stew

Chuck Sheridan

I know its not fish but this will get the job done if you are wore out and starving!!! It is my favorite quick meal to cook. I have never met a person who did not love it... Most of the time I double up on everything so I got some left over for the next day.... Here we go
Brown 1lbs of hamburger meat - I prefer ground venison...
Drain grease from meat
Dump can of stewed tomoatos
Dump 2 lil cans of tomato sauce or paste (if using paste add water)
Add 1 can of pintos or ranch style beans. Prefer ranch style myself
1 can of green beans if you like them
and one can of corn...
You can also drop in a can of rotel if you like it a lil spicey... My kids dont so I have became accustomed to leaving it out. Pour this over a bowl of rice and dig in... I guarantee you will eat atleast two bowls!!!:D

312902_10151500554061250_790818094_n.jpg

Chuck Sheridan

Just to add to the recipe a lil.. You can add whatever you want to this as far as corn or etc... Once it is all in there mixed up I let it simmer until the rice is done... 5 minutes or so. Really blends the flavors of everything. The next day after sitting in the fridge it is better... :)

Hawnjigs

KISS
Good one. No onions? I never tried green beans or corn added but think I will. I'm leery of GMO corn & not sure I can find any that is still "natural". I think some okra would look good in there too.

redman

Dang I know that you are in east Texas. We put in onions and garlic in ours. It is good with corn bread we use home canned vegetables and the rotel. Nothing better on a cold night to fill you up and keep you warm. With a hit of cayanne pepper it will make your nose run.

Redman

hookup

Only thing missing for me is a hand full of habenero peppers finely diced.

Back