Couple JC'ers fishing the Masters

Radtexan

Looks like an interesting weekend coming up...both the weather and the talent at this one...

Crappie Masters is having a 1 pole,artificial bait only tourney this weekend at Lake Fork..Weather seems to have changed everyone's pattern from the last few days..

Crazy Angler,and our own Wtex have teamed up for this one...Ill try to keep it updated as I can on Saturday...Should be a fun one with teams from all over the country..

http://www.crappiemasters.net/home/

Jig Man

Sounds like its gonna be a tough hunt, but there will be some good fish turned in... There always is with the tallent that will be there.

Jig Man

Ron Don said:
Guess one Robert brings the jigs and the other Robert brings the custom rods!

Yea he has been workin hard to get a couple finished, but the oil field has been keepin him runnin.

Jig Man

They said there wasn't many fish caught today... I said it's ok tomorrow is the day that counts. :icon14:

Radtexan

Thanks Mel..Almost called him tonight,but figured he was busy getting a plan together,or getting a brown drink flowing...

Jig Man

No problem, they were getting ready to go into the seminar when he called. I'm not gonna bother em either. Sounds like its gonna be a hunt tomorrow and take their total concentration.

redman

I know it rained over on Fork today. Tomorrow there is to be more rain a front moved thur so it may not be as good as they hope for. Hope that our boys do find a bunch that are hunger and show them how we do it in Texas.

Redman

Radtexan

Cant find full results yet..

Tim Smith and Stuart Angelle won with 15.41 ave 2.20#.......some slabs...

Big fish of the day 2.70,dont know who caught it yet...Ill keep watching.

Radtexan

Their site isnt showing anything yet...One of our TFF'ers runs the marina where there having the weigh in...He's posting as he can.

Radtexan

Still dont have complete results...From what Crazy posted Im not sure they even weighed in theirs today.Had some in the live well but some huge sacks were already in..We'll see...Last update Ive seen.

Ken Gaby said:
Hopefully the results will be up on the Crappie Masters site soon. There were 6 teams weighing in 14+lbs. I think 12.98 was 10th place. Can you imagine walking up with 12.98 and finding out you're in 10th place? Those lakes in Mississippi, Alabama, Missouri, ect don't hold a candle to some of these TX lakes. Only lake that consistently beats these TX lakes is Grenada.

Mark Standridge and Jason Townsend has 14.62 for 2nd
Fred Dooley and Bob McCaffery at 14.39 for 3rd
I think Wes Belcher fishing by himself had 4th with 14+
Some very impressive stringers. I believe there were 40 boats and probably 33 of those were CAT teams.

Radtexan

few more places:
Crappie Masters

Lake Fork results: 1st Stuart Angelle/Timothy Smith 15.41, 2nd Jason Townsend/Mark Standridge 14.62, 3rd Freddie Dooley/Bob McAffrey 14.39, 4th Johnny Merriman/Doug Broadway 14.36, 5th Weston Belcher/Brian Carter 14.22, 6th Anh Nguyen/Terrence Steele 14.01, 7th Shawn Drake/Johny Fuentes 13.57, 8th George Nelon/Larry Middleton 13.28, 9th Brad Williams/Sean Gossett 12.99, 10th Roger Putnam/Pam Putnam 12.98

Back