Copy Cat spinner

Fatman

Nephew wanted me to copy a spinner that worked really good for him last year. Pretty close.

100_1582.jpg

toadfrog

Sure enough a Wordens Rooster Tail style . They have been the top selling inline for many years . Once upon a time the fly was tied on the treble . They sold about like any other spinner . Then they changed it to the shank and sales sky rocketed . Funny how little things affect use of lures . I like fire tiger with a gold blade for general fishing and white with nickle blades for sand bass . That is a good job on those . Go slay a couple hundred sand bass.

JUNGLEJIM1

Nice work on the spinner,which one is yours ? Probably the one that doesn't say rooster tail, excellent workmanship on that one.

Fatman

Yeah Jim mine is the one on the right - the biggest problem I have with it is my Netcraft wire former that's the smallest eyelet you can make with it, so exact size is always going to be bigger. I'd love to have the gold blades in this style blade - have some bodies painted with the Ruby red slipper powder but put too many wraps for the eyelet and mashed it LOL - have it cut apart and just have to put it back together.

Back