Concerned

redman

After reading several of the threads concerning hooks and there availability. I am becoming a bit concerned. When I started to do jig and fly tying back in the 1950 I learned from a lot of old timers. The one thing that every one to a person told me that in the 1920 before the Great Depression one of the first things that dried up was the supply of fish hooks. This was even before the stock market tanked. Then again before WWII fish hooks slowly disappeared from the shelves. Then in the 1970's right before the Carter Administration we had a time where there was a shortage of hooks.

Now once again we are having a shortage of hooks. Well I for one have just restocked my supply of hooks. I am not saying that any thing is going to happen. I seems to me that maybe when fish hooks get in short supply that something is wrong. Guess that my Boy Scout training is starting to show. Be prepared that was one of the big things that I got from that program and has served me well all these years.

Guess that I would like some input from some of you in what you think might be going on. Am I getting paranoid in my old age. That might be what happens to us old Geezers.

Redman

Jig Man

I think we should be concerened. Hang around some of the hunting forums and you will fo sho start stocking up on everything. I got started about ten years ago.... Ammunition and reloading components are also scarce as hens teeth.

Ron Don

Future Sponsor
Jig Man said:
I think we should be concerened. Hang around some of the hunting forums and you will fo sho start stocking up on everything. I got started about ten years ago.... Ammunition and reloading components are also scarce as hens teeth.

You are a wise man!

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
How do you factor in gas prices into this equation? The sons-o-guns around here keep telling me $3.50 or better for a gallon....... i don't care about hooks and bullets if i can't afford to drive my a** to work. Aren't we the largest stinkin' producer of raw oil these days???

Jig Man

In the last two weeks gas has gone from 3.05 to 3.35 this morning. Wish it followed the price of crude down as fast it goes up. :(

StumpHunter

I believe we will see things going on that you would never thought you would see happen in the USA. Just keep your eyes wide open and believe what you see not what you hear....

Jig Man, the same thing has happened here with gas prices in the last week too.

papaperch

In my 65 years of life I have never been more concerned about my country. The biggest reason is what passes for the news media now. Whatever the story if it does not agree with their particular agenda the story will not see the light of day. Its also been proven true that some networks are doctoring videos to get the expected results they want.

Used to be our press core used to poke fun at Pravda for doctoring the news. Now they have become worse if possible.

Journalism is no longer a respected profession in our society. A used car salesman has more integrity.

Hawnjigs

KISS
I agree that journalistic lies have somehow become acceptable. I suspect even supposedly impartial fact checkers might be compromised.

Many of us are too distracted squabbling over gun control, backwater consulates, Bush's fault, Obama's fault...not to mention surviving, to "follow the money" to the roots. Divided & conquered.

Oh, forgot, fish hooks? My recent Mustad, Gami, & Owner orders have been OK. And gas is going up quickly out here too.

redman

Good well I guess that I am not going nuts or becoming paranoid. Guess if all I am hearing from you is right I am on the right track. Not worried about gas there will be none if we fall in to total economic collapse. I will need very little ammo as I live way out in the woods. Can grow, catch and capture enough that I won't go hungry. But will miss reading and hearing from you fellows on the computer.

Redman

Fatman

If it ever came to that alot of kids in this country are in a world of SH*T!!!!! They know nothing of the outdoors, growing things (well?? you know) and they're going to go hungry

Back