Combo of the day

Ron Don

Future Sponsor
This one caught 75% of the fish with 6 different combos in the water. Catching a lot of good fish (1.5 to 2 lb) considerin the high muddy water conditions. Smallest fish ive caught this year is a 1.30 lber.

1/4 oz 1/0
2.5" plastic
3 to 4" minner

E7D0BDD8-9652-4207-853F-532F716E5672_zpstyxrggpg.jpg

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
Well heck, that one on the hook looks less than 1lb to me and awful funny looking crappie you have down south. But hey, ima yankee and all. You should stretch your arms out to make those fish look bigger in photos. :D

Glad to hear you are getting out and on some fish!

hookup

Dam dude, those are some slabs! Nice job.

I like your chunk'o'plastic. I fish a similar 'grub' on a ball head for smallies. It's called a Jacks Worm and is about 4.5" long. The color combo you have in the pix Case calls "Flint Special" and is very productive in mid Atlantic rivers. I've also done well in KY & TN rivers with that color. That tail has a very attractive 'shimmer' to the fish I hunt.

Ron Don

Future Sponsor
LH Darbonne is basically a 15,000 acre stump field. Was a forest before the dam was built. So if you get out of a creek channel or a cut out boat run... Theres stumps just under the surface. Been experimenting with different weedless setups past couple years. One setup seems to work best. Cant remember if ive posted or not?? Spawn is fast approaching so males are coming up to 3 to 6 foot of water and the girls are in 8 to 12.

Darbonne just got named in top 10 crappie lakes this year. Past couple years havent been as good but this one is lookin great!

plateboater

Looking like a good day......if I was catching that size crappies would have a huge smile!!!! Nice pics

Back