Collins Customs

Hawnjigs

KISS
Anyone whose gotten a custom mold from Shawn Collins knows his work is top notch - I've got 6.

But I ordered & paid for 2 in Oct. 2008, repeat 2008, and another in Mar. 2009 and haven't received anything. 5 emails since Nov. 2009 no replies including the most recent a refund request.

Shawn, if you're reading this be aware that under the Virginia Code 18, 2-178 obtaining money by false pretense is defined as larceny a class 4 FELONY and doing so over the internet extends the violation to federal jurisdiction under 18 USC 1343 Wire Fraud.

LedHed

Sponsor
HJ
You are a very patient person – but that is too long to have to wait. I have one Collins and it is nice but I have others that might not look as pretty but they pour some great jigs. Was trying to order two doubles and a single from Collins, wanted to pay with a credit card (called and emailed), but they never got a hold of me – lucky for me.

Got a new mold maker - quality work, reasonable, quick turn around, plus does stuff that Collins won’t touch. Hope you get some kind of resolve HJ – nobody deserves that kind of aggravation.

Hippel

Second the sentiment on Collins. Really sorry to hear that. Sounds a little familiar, although the mold maker I use doesn't require money up front. He is also very slow.

Hawnjigs

KISS
Update: 3 jig head molds finally delivered. Quality the usual superb which eases the aggravation of waiting more than a year & a half. SC's skill level seems to have upped a notch as his subtle cavity adjustments and creative venting solved an intermittent tight space fill problem I had in an earlier mold. I also appreciate his working knowledge of volumetric weight distribution and surface contouring - designed pretty much exactly what I wanted from a simple drawing.

Hawnjigs

KISS
On the one hand, I may not have ordered knowing there would be a 22 month wait for delivery. On the other hand, I don't know anyone else who is capable of producing such an extraordinary product.

Today, I will pour some of those jig heads and be thankful to Shawn for making it possible.

Hawnjigs

KISS
After no communication for a full year, I had given up on SC but luckily a member of another forum PMed me that SC was finally answering emails. So, sent one, got an immediate reply, and finalized details for the 3 molds which arrived a few weeks later. Pics are the largest jig head, other two are downsize series in the same design.

Hawnjigs

KISS
Think I paid $500 or so 2+ years ago for the last 3 mold series. Might have been discounted since they were all basically the same head design.

toadfrog

I don't think I would be able to tolerate a wait that long unless the dude was virtually on his death bed and made a come back. I think you should of had a heck of discount coming. Sorry for sounding kind of nasty . I would rather someone tell me either no or the backlog is so bad it could take months. I have sent emails saying cash up front and get no reply . I just like to hear a yes or no. Then the search can go on.

Back