Clown Eggs

AllenOK

Picked up some egg yarn a few weeks ago.  Been trying to teach myself how to tie GloBugs.  Here's some on size 16 hooks.  Most have beads, so they'll sink, but I also have some without beads, as I'm going to use them with a weighted fly as a two-fly rig.

View attachment 3

Attachments

• 20161026ClownEggs.JPG
    20161026ClownEggs.JPG
    77.3 KB · Views: 40

Fatman

AllenOK said:
Picked up some egg yarn a few weeks ago.  Been trying to teach myself how to tie GloBugs.  Here's some on size 16 hooks.  Most have beads, so they'll sink, but I also have some without beads, as I'm going to use them with a weighted fly as a two-fly rig.

Allen

Here's a thread from Fly Anglers on line on how to easily tie them
http://www.flyanglersonline.com/flytying/fotw2/031504fotw.php

Hope this helps

AllenOK

The video put out by tightlinevideo on youtube has the guy disassembling a plunger-style hackle pliars, and drilling it out to use as a tool for the yarn. He also mentioned using pens and caps from Sharpie markers.

I tried using the Sharpie markers, and had a really hard time with it.

I ended up using a straw from McDonald's, and cut that into thirds. I then made a cut up the straw, about a half-inch, maybe 5/8". Using my fingers, I rolled one of the cut sides under the other, and kept rolling/squeezing until I got a nice funnel shape. Then I just used some Scotch tape to secure it. Pulled the yarn through that and started using it. It works pretty darn good, and cost me $0.00.

Back